Billy the Bus's Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Rusty cab floor

The main project I'm working on in Billy this spring is the cab - new seats, paint metal work, new visors, door panels, etc etc. I figure by partitioning the work between rear and front, I'll focus on one thing at a time! The new bed in the rear has distracted me for a while, but I'm back to the cab for the next few weeks now.

I've had a pair of Porsche seats ready to go in since autumn. Me and my Dad fitted the passenger seat back in November, but the other one has been sat waiting for a time when I know I can finish the job in one session (having a car without a driver's seat, though perhaps a good theft deterant, is not the smartest idea). We're going to do that next weekend, so watch this space.

Before we do that, I decided to paint some of the metal work in the cab, such as the floor and the bulkheads that the seats attach to. I've found a fair bit of rust under the rubber mats, which is a shame. But I've rubbed them down and I'm about to coat them with some primer, and we'll see what happens.


Post a Comment

<< Home